Wednesday, November 7, 2007

It all began with the VCR

Ah the beauty that represented the VCR. I remember when my family got our first VCR. We could watch that one single video tape that we had about deer. Every once in a blue moon we would actually borrow a video from the local video place.

That's all fine and dandy, but the true genius of the VCR could be found on a single button on the remote control. This button either was labeled "FF" or ">>" You could record your favorite TV show and then fast forward through all of the commercials! This was great because, as it turns out, I really hate commercials. Not watching commercials was something that really appealed to me.

Now we have these fancy DVRs and computers and such, and they are certainly awesome. But I think that we owe some respect and gratitude to the VCR.

Thank you VCR.

No comments: