Friday, March 12, 2010

Pitter Patter

This stream of consciousness is going to work out!  I just know it.  I am pretty dang sure that I can sit down to this computer and just type, and no matter what I type it will be awesome!!

Ok, now I am out of ideas.  Oh!  How about another poem?

Pitter-patter little mouse
sneaking all around my house
Fae caught you once inside her closet
While she made a shirt deposit

Pitter-patter little mouse
Fae doesn't want you near her blouse!
so I sent Ethan for my broom
(I keep it in the other room)

My eyes stayed fast upon your spot
A way to pass me filled your thoughts!
Oh where's the broom!  Hey look! It's here!
and then you knew the end was near.

The curtains closing, things looked bleak.
Your chances slim, your position weak.
And just when things were at their worst
When with fear you thought you'd burst
a tiny flash of hope and chance
told you that you might pass Lance
without being hit by my large broom
maybe you could skip your doom.

So up you sprang!
Out toward the door!
My broom, I swang
down toward the floor!

I did not get you on that day
You jumped and zagged and got away

But heed my words, for this I swear
If I see your mousy hair
Even though It cause me strain
I'll whack you hard right on your brain!

5 comments:

elesa said...

Phew! Let me catch my breath and wipe my eyes! I cannot stop laughing and crying. Because I am so happy and sad. Oh wait, no just laughing so hard my tears floweth.

You know, I have never been much for poetry. Cuz it is kinda dumb. But your poems! Do they just come out that way when you start typing, or do you have to sit and think and plan them out? Cuz they are truly genius. Can I repost this on my blog?

Demi said...

They have this device for dealing with such problems. Perhaps not as sporting but it does the trick.

Mahubble said...

I wasn't sure who I was rooting for there, but I'm thinking it was the mouse.

Mahubble said...

I was just going to say that!

See Mom Smile said...

So the BROOM is the international weapon to catch a rodent! Apparently we both need a new weapon as ours got away too! Which I blogged about today too!