Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Frantically patient, softly furious.

 I guess what I am saying is:

I really do need oxygen, I just don't need it pumped into my lungs for me. You feel me, frog?

In quiet times I like to find a dim corner.  I slowly raise a plastic colander to wear as a hat on my head. Then I sing sweetly until forest animals begin to gather near me with soft looks of curious wonder.  When all of the stresses of life have settled and I am at one with nature, I pull out my air-horn..

Listen, I haven't written in this blog for awhile.  I don't know why.  I can't remember how to write stuff.  I sit down at the computer, and all that comes out is.... RELEASE THE HARPSICHORD QUEEN!!!!

Poetry is the wind from which we seek to establish the foundation of our base upon.  All writers of every genre seek that magical moment when a string of letters forms into words, and those words form into word-strings, and those word-strings form into word-string-clusters.  That's where the magic really happens!

You know what the real problem with blogging is?  You can't do a clip-show when you don't feel like recording a full episode!!  That would be cool.  Well, for the author, not for the reader.

I could be like:  2009 was really full of fascinating fine literature.  We all remember the moment when the Sadbot....

I won't though.  Although, now that I think of it, I really should write a Sadquel.  I know that everyone has been pining for more about that big metal heartless cutey-pie!!

Ok, well my pen is out of ink..

4 comments:

elesa said...

thank you. No one, and I mean NO ONE, else's writing makes me laugh like yours does.

leBolide said...

I know in fact that your pen is NOT out of ink because the text did not get any lighter towards the end there.

Demi said...

you know that commercial.. I see it on Hulu, because that is where I watch television, so I don't know if it is seen other places, but anyway... You know that commercial, with the guy who is trying to get you to transfer money into his account, it is for Norton. At the end, he says "look, I have pen." Asia thinks there is some hidden meaning in that. Like, what does him having a pen have to do with trusting him? When I say I don't know, she thinks I just don't want to tell her. Like it is inappropriate or something. One of those things only grownups understand. Is her obsession with it a child of the twenty first century phenomenon? Pens are now mysterious and confusing?
Please share with me your wisdom.

Lance Whitaker said...

haHA! take that, leBolide, if that is your real pseudonym!

Hehe, now do you believe my pen is out of ink??