Monday, December 3, 2007

A night time poem

I wasn't feeling well, so I wrote a poem to soothe myself to sleep.

Ode to Captain Picard (read by William Shatner)

Captain........ Picard,
you tug on your uniform
........... when......
you .... sit down..

Captain Picard.......
At least .... you ...
realize how ... stupid
.... children are.....

Play your melodic flute
....... that instrument
....... from ..........
.................. a life
..... that you lived ...
... in a matter of minutes
When you encountered ...
.. that space probe .....
only, how did they .....
know .. that .. you would
.... choose ... to learn
........ the flute.

The end.

2 comments:

elesa said...

I wanted to comment on this poem. I keep coming back to post SOMETHING, but then I read the poem again and I am just too moved. I am speechless. Truly speechless.

Boydell Bown said...

I cried. Then I laughed. Then I cried again. Then I had a little lunch. Then I read the poem. Then I went to bed. The End.